Wednesday, June 02, 2004

In Sports Today ...

Sigh. I remember when I used to watch NBA games. Good times, they was. I was ... er, am, a Kings fan. But it seems to me that the Kings are to the Lakers as South Africa are to Australia in cricket. Kings/SA teams will win all league matches and then choke in playoffs. While the Lakers/Aussies have variable successes in the league matches and then trounce everyone on the way to winning the tournament.

So ... Lakers/Pistons. I suppose we might as well have them on TV - I'm sure advertisers and networks have poured several millions into booking airtime. I say we need not bother - show us some replays instead. Or hold another All Stars tournament. Anything but the all-to-predictable Lakers wins.

In other news ... looks like we'll get to see local cricket on US television. Who knows, if we get exhibition matches from the country teams we might get to see world-class cricket without shelling out $150 for webcasts and without staying up to watch games that start at 1am.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?