Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Apple Sucks

Don't get me wrong - I love my iPod and admire some of the features of Macintosh computers ... but their customer care SUCKS.

I bought a $30 iTunes Music Store gift certificate for my brother about 10 days ago. I got the e-mail saying I had been successfully billed but he never received the certificate. There's no phone number on the website, only an e-mail form, whichI duly filled out last Wednesday (ie: a week ago). I got a confirmation e-mail stating that the issue would be addressed in 24-48 hours. 5 days, or 120 hours later, I have no response and when I called Apple, I was told there was no phone number or customer care agent to talk to. I was instead told to dispute the charge made with my bank!

Imagine that! Apple would rather the consumer took the trouble to correct its problems! For all its touting of user-friendliness, Apple seems to be as cold and heartless as the next company.

I remember Mansi and I taking her old Powerbook to the Apple store in downtown NYC last year. God, was the customer care rep a jerk! We wanted to know how to install a wireless card, and the technician refused to tell us. To do so would've cost us 100 bucks! He said the best he could do was to take it into the back (yes, without us watching) and check if the card was working by installing it. He'd then take it out and return the card and laptop to us. Ultimately, he relented and did it for free, but what the !@#$ is Apple's problem?

You know, some people call Microsoft a cold heartless company, but I tell you - Microsoft is a benevolent dictator compared to Apple's tyrant!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?