Thursday, July 29, 2004

Springfield Speculations

So there's a closet gay in Springfield ... and I thought I'd add my own two cents worth as to whom that may be ...

Smithers is the most obvious choice. Too obvious, I tell you! Such obviousness is an insult to our intelligence! Besides, would he really be classified as a "closet" gay? At the risk of being non-PC, I would say no.

Selma & Patty - unlikely. They both express frequent interest in men who come into the DMV.

Given that the last time the Simpsons team introduced a major change was to kill off Maude Flanders and then use the consequences to fuel several episodes, I'd say we're in for some real shockers. My guesses are:

1. Barney - I can't remember if Barney's ever expressed an interest in women. Maybe, maybe not. Still, given Homer's close association with Barney, I can see this new character development giving viewers some mileage.

2. Krusty the Clown - Now I know what you're going to say: Krusty has shown a lot of interest in women. But think of the controversy this would cause! "Wholesome" childrens' entertainer being attacked by conservative right-wingers and childrens' welfare organizations. Tie-in with innappropriate TV stuff (a la Janet). I think it's powerful stuff.

3. Mr. Burns - Hasn't been with a woman since being rejected in one of the previous seasons. Why not, I say? A taunt towards right-wing, conservative Republicans!

4. Groundskeeper Willie - Same as Krusty: someone working with children - anxiety about exposure to "indecency".

Well, the episode won't air until January '05. I guess we'll only know the truth then. Unless someone breaks into Fox Studios and leaks the script.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?