Sunday, August 15, 2004

India Day in NYC

Anand & I went over to the India Day (ID15) parade and mela. There was a good turnout to both. And the food from Dimple was awesome!

Suprisingly, the weather held out too. After all those dire warnings of flash floods, torrential rains, and fringe effects of the two hurricanes, one would have thought that New York would be living out "The Day After Tomorrow". It was cloudy and dreary for sure, but it stayed mostly dry. I think there were some light drizzles for a couple of minutes now and again.

I was kind of disappointed by A R Rehman's appearance. I thought he'd have given the fans something to enjoy ... a mix of songs from "Vande Mataram" and some other Hindi film hits. But he sang for 5 minutes. 5 minutes! After we stood around waiting for 2+ hours. What a gip.

I didn't see a Karnataka float ... but I think it stands to reason that if Orissa gets a float, you can be sure Karnataka would. And since Bangalore is probably the single largest source of for-ex income, it's also safe to assume that Karnataka led the parade.

I'll post pictures soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?