Thursday, September 30, 2004

Boy Bands Gone Bad

haven't watched Resident Evil: Apocalypse yet, but I am totally tripping out on 2 songs from it's soundtrack. One's Rammstein's "Mein Teil" (German for "My Thing").

The other song is one that I recommend to everyone on this group. It's very radio-friendly and very catchy. It's also very morbid ... a pleasant combination, I might add. It's rare that one hears a radio-friendly pop-oriented number on teen suicide. Some of you know the song (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, which is about teen suicide as well. Well ....this song isn't as subtle about it's subject. :-D

The song is called "Join Me In Death" by a Finnish group called H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty).

And what do I mean by pop-oriented? Think boy-band (Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, etc.) ... but H.I.M. is boy-band plus guitars on overdrive! The song actually is built on a piano-driven melody. It's Goth Metal at its most accessible.

Check it out folks. All you've got to ask yourself is one question: Are you ready to die for love tonight?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?