Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...

(Insert Johns Williams fanfare here)

I hate Amazon. They only just shipped my copies of the DVDs. I hope I get them by the weekend (All 3 Star Wars movies back to back to back ... 18 hours of glorious Jedi action!). I'm surprised that Bill Amend's Foxtrot comic strip hasn't commented on them already.

So half the Star Wars fandom is up in arms about the new tweaks in Lucas' movies. I'd say it's a good thing - I mean, it's his vision. If he made the changes on an artistic level, then kudos to him. If he made the changes for purely commercial reasons (which he hasn't) then the detracting fans have I case.

I remember the Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan fiction/parodies I used to read on Yahoo Humour Pages in the good old days of dial up ... for a fan of both series, those parodies really were a good laugh. They don't seem to be up anymore :-( But there are some good humour sites out there in any case ...



:: how jedi are you? ::

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?