Monday, December 13, 2004

New York, New York

I flew back on Saturday night, by British Airways. It was a comfortable (suprisingly no turbulence) ... but in terms of entertainment & food, Virgin Airlines totally rocks. Especially entertainment - the flight over to the UK had video-on-demand with about ... oh, 50 movies!

I must admit: I was getting used to the quiet of the English countryside. It was somewhat jarring to be woken up by a garbage truck moving down the road at 1am! And Java was right when he told me this sumer that New York has a unique smell. Yes - smell!

And driving into NYC on Saturday night was an experience. I've never felt suffocated or claustrophobic before, but I sort of felt that way with all the tall buildings and skyscrapers.

England's ruined me.

Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?