Saturday, December 25, 2004

What Happened to The Wachowski Brothers?

I was watching Matrix Revolutions - the conclusion to the oh-so-promising Matrix trilogy. It was the second time I've watched the movie: the first time was upon release. And as I watched it last night I couldn't help think, "What happened to the original script??" There is no way in hell that script was the original vision of the Wachowski Brothers. Consider the awesome conclusions reached at the end of Matrix Reloaded:

The "real world" is just an illusion created by the Matrix to control the opposing humans within the Matrix.

I mean, how cool is that? Why did they have to spoil that and give Neo Messiah-like powers ... the whole blind seer thing? Why? Why??

I think the Wachowski Brothers must've lsot the original script and scribbled something on the back of an napkin when they pitched the idea to Warner Studios. There's no other explanation: I refuse to believe that minds that came up with the concept & vision of The Matrix could have produced such a dud! There were some nice moments - the defense of Zion, and there's one shot where Neo is helped by the Machines to battle Smith inside the Matrix. As seen in "golden vision", the bright halo around Neo and the position of the wires around him transforms him into an angel. A nice touch. Nevertheless ...

If I had one wish in the world ... I would wish for a hundred more wishes, and then wish that Matrix Revolutions be remade.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?