Monday, January 10, 2005

Halo 2 Rocks

(first time I've talked about a video game on my blog!)

I bought Halo 2 as a birthday gift to myself (hey, any excuse will do). Played a bit of the campaign on Saturday ... but by far, the best part is the multiplayer mode on XBox Live. I don't think I'm going to be playing much of the single-player mode any more!

One very noticeable change from Halo is the elimination of the health bar - it's all shields now. If your shields drop, it'll only take a shot (maybe 2) to kill you. Which means a lot of the single player campaign is played slowly and very carefully - a marked difference from my playing style in other FPS games. The multiplayer mode is pretty much just pure carnage. Shoot anything that moves, and try to kill as many as you can before you get killed yourself. It's fun, but I wonder if that distracts from tactics in squad-based games like Capture the Flag. Only one way to find out!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?