Saturday, February 05, 2005

I Love San Diego

I swear, in comparison, New York is an ugly scab upon the face of the earth! Funnily enough, the apartment complex Metal & Divya live in is almost identical to another I saw in Sunnyvale. It's great to see them again - I've really missed hanging out with them in New York.

It's certainly odd not to be wearing a heavy jacket though! The weather forecast for the weekend - highs in the mid-60's. So ... pleasant, I think, would be the description. A bit nippy for my tastes perhaps, but I'm a guy who's set his apartment's radiator to the "Roast" setting.

Flying into San Diego, one could see these mountain ranges (they were too large to be hills, but they didn't have a layer of icing on the top ... mountainettes?). And coming into land, I saw these delightfully quaint old churches and buildings ... they looked Moorish too. Next to them were terraced slopes, with several layers of houses built into the side of the hill. For some reason, they reminded me of pictures I've seen of Buenos Aires, or Rio. I suppose that just showcases the Spanish influence in this city.

Exitting the airport, one walks out into a palm-tree lines sidewalk, facing a sunset-bloodied sky. I really wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a photo of that ... but in hindsight, the sight of a dark-skinned chap taking photos of seemingly nothing outside an aiport might have raised some eyebrows.

I believe we'll be visiting old San Diego today, and perhaps a beach or two. Will post photos as soon as I can.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?