Thursday, February 17, 2005

Musical Evolution

You know, the entry yesterday about blues being the "core" of my musical tastes got me thinking about how my tastes have shifted and evolved over the years. I think the bulk of the "evolution" was in my 4 years in BITS ('94-'98) for those wondering. In fact, you could look at the whole thing by semesters!

School - Def Leppard, Bryan Adams
Pre-University - Guns 'N' Roses, Metallica-light (i.e.: The Black Album)
BITS Semester 1: Iron Maiden, Metallica
BITS Semester 2: Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen
BITS Semester 3: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai
BITS Semester 4: Dream Theater, Deep Purple
BITS Semester 5: Rush, Led Zeppelin
BITS Semester 6: General Blues/Hard Rock ... AC/DC, Whitesnake, Van Halen, etc.
BITS Semester 7: The Beatles, Black Sabbath

After that, I don't think my core tastes have changed that much ... I'm listening to a lot more electronica & R&B nowadays. Hence my previous lament that I haven't heard anything new or exciting in quite a while. The nearest thing I got excited about was The Darkness ... and that was over a year ago!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?