Monday, February 28, 2005

The Oscars ... Redux

The people I feel sorry for:

- Jamie Foxx for losing Best Supporting Actor (Collateral)
- Johnny Depp for losing Best Actor (Finding Neverland)
- Don Cheadle for losing Best Actor (Hotel Rwanda)
- Martin Scorcese for losing out Best Director (The Aviator ... plus, Goodfellas, Raging Bull, Gangs of New York, etc.)
- Brad Bird for losing Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen (The Incredibles)

On another note ... where on earth can I find the Best Animated Shorts? Do I have to live in LA to be near a cinema that shows these?
Comments:
You can buy Ryan for $29.95 at http://www2.nfb.ca/boutique/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=11344
or you could get it via Limewire or something methinks...
 
So wait...Jamie Foxx wins Best Actor, and you feel sorry for him for not winning Best Supporting?

Somehow I doubt he's shedding a whole lot of tears...:-)
 
I am not going to spend 30 bucks for an animated short. I'd rather watch Ong-Bak another 3 times instead.

Also, Mike, I'm glad Jamie Foxx won the Best Actor award, but I thought he did a good job in Collateral, and was hence disappointed he didn't get that award.
 
it's just nice that foxx is getting the recognition his talent deserves.

peace,
zayne
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?