Monday, February 14, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, half my weekend was spent in a Nyquil haze - looks like I picked up something in my trip to Gaithersburg last Thursday. But the other half was spent playing World of Warcraft. Yes, I found a copy here in Manhattan - at Gamestop on 44th & 6th. Co-incidentally, the dude from CompUSA (who told me to put my copy up on eBay) was the one who suggested the store. More on the game later.

In other news - congrats to Jon Stewart & The Daily Show team for winning the Grammy for Best Comedy Album (their Audiobook version of "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Presents...America: A Citizen's Guide To Democracy Inaction").

It's interesting that I've kinda lost all interest in the Grammy's ... and to an extent in contemporary music. The most contemporary I've ever gotten is purchasing Dream Theater, Rush (who lost in the Grammies ... AGAIN!), or Metallica. I don't know why, but I find modern music is pretty bland and unappealing ... on one hand, the pimping from R&B artists ... and on the other, nu-metal & post-punk from artists who want to turn the volume knob upto 11.

Where are the musical geniuses that also make popular music? Why is it that the only place I'll find them on the music dial is on the Classic Rock or Oldies channels??
Comments:
OK, you MUST have known you were provoking me on this one. :-) I think you did it on purpose!

You're in New York...turn your dial to 91.1 and you will hear all the musical geniuses that are making contemporary music. I promise.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?