Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Musings From Dallas

I flew into Dallas last night. I thought to myself, "Hey, Texas has to be better than snowy New York!" Was I ever disappointed. It's 50F here ... stormy, too!

I'm staying at the Westin Park Central ... and by my reckoning, it's been about 10 years since I stayed in a hotel better than Days Inn. Frankly, as long as I have a clean room, comfy bed, and a TV to doze to, I'm not really bothered about how many stars a hotel has :-) ... Nonetheless, I was tripping to the extreme to be staying in a hotel like this!

I also went to Benihana's for the first time last night. Unfortunately, we didn't get any entertainment out of our table's cook. He looked like he was auditioning for the part of Oscar on Sesame Street. The food was alright - I had the Marina dish, and suffered a fish-overdose. I should've taken the Shrimp/Chicken combo.

I'm meeting up with Sachin tonight. Marriage doesn't seem to have changed him much - he told me to come to Dallas in the summer to see the real sights. ;-)
Comments:
Two questions:

1) Why are you in Dallas? Business or just a visit?

2) Why can I never hear the word "Dallas" without the show's theme song coming into my head? Baa, ba baa, ba baa baba baa baaaa...
 
Hey Mike - I was on Dallas for work. Flew back last night.

Never heard the theme to Dallas ... I've heard a lot about the show, and can say ... I'm glad I never had to watch it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?