Sunday, January 30, 2005

Gay Simpsons Update

OK, I haven't trawled the Net extensively looking for any other postings, but I still think it's Barney. Here's why:

(WARNING: SPOILERS!!)

After the funeral for Moe's Taven, Moe points out the gay bar across the street (I forgot the name). Barney, Lenny & Carl head over, while Homer stays back ("I can't go into a gay bar! I'm too fat!"). Barney is never seen again in the episode, whereas Lenny & Carl have several scenes.

Most telling: in the end (ie: the scene that plays along with the credits), everybody's back at Moe's ... Marge & Homer are singing a duet, Lenny, Carl, Anonymous Regular (seen earlier in the episode) and Moe are in the bar. Where's Barney??

It's obvious: Barney stayed in the gay bar!!

There wasn't any mention of Smithers, Patty/Selma, or Principal Skinner. There were a couple of scenes with Chief Wiggum, but nothing to nail the issue on him.

PS: When the issue first came to light back in July '04, Barney was my first choice :-)

Comments:
Oh, my God. I hadn't even noticed it. But you're right! He WASN'T at the bar! It's BARNEY!!!!

P.S. Anonymous Regular was once identified by Homer, I think: "But Marge, the barflies are expecting me! Barney, and Lenny, and That Guy Who Calls Me Bill!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?